Saturday, November 13, 2010

More Cancer Treatments and Autism Speaks gets more support from Team Tabor

Long over due update: After radiation treatments I got a staff infection which resulted in ANOTHER seizure on July 31 so they had to reopen my skull and clean out the infection.
Unfortunately my skull bone had been compromised with both the infection and radiation so I have lost about 10% of my skull bone. I was on 24/7 antibiotics (PICC line in my arm) for 6 weeks following the August surgery.
My next and hopefuly last operation is reconstructive, that will probably be in December(ish). Until then it's one day at a time. I am actually back to work without part of my skull. God is good.
BTW - thanks to all who supported Team Tabor's efforts to support Autism Speaks. We raised $330.oo this year. Although we can't physically get out there this year - we still were one of the top 100 fundraising teams!

No comments: